Thursday, June 30, 2011

Something Missing

    
My husband and I have been married a little over three years now. And very happy together. But there is something missing ... babies. Now, granted three years is not exactly a long time, however we got married when we were both 29 ... my eggs aren't getting any fresher! Seriously, though, we are not young ones just starting out; we have lived our 20s. We have played ... plenty. We have done the school thing. We have good jobs. We own our home. And we want a family. Unfortunately, just wanting something does not mean you get it. And contrary to popular belief: being ready to have a family and doing what needs to be done to get one does not mean the baby automatically comes. They should tell you that when you're younger.
Instead every month I have my moment of disappointment. And some moments last longer than others. And it's hard. I really want to be a mama. And we really believe and feel strongly that this will happen for us. Sometimes you just have to wait longer for the more awesome things in your life - I was 29 when I got married. And the wait was well worth it! I hit the jackpot with my other half. He is amazing. And he deserves to be a dad.
Perhaps soon it's our time. And hopefully soon it's our turn!

3 comments:

  1. Most definetly. I think you will both be such amazing parents. When that moment finally comes your child will be so blessed. Patience is not a virtue that I have, yet I know when you hold your new baby in your arms it will be worth it. Trials like these come upon those with strong spirits, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's rough. I wish you the best of luck and pray for your happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it is interesting how life seems to do this to us. I hope and pray that things will work out for you both because I think you will be great parents.

    ReplyDelete