Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bouncy Castle

     A couple of weeks ago Jason and I went to his childhood friend's house for our annual 4th of July Celebration. They live in a small town now and invite friends and family to have a big BBQ. Everybody eats, chats, and plays grass volleyball on a badmitton net while the kids run around trying to get in the game.
     This year they rented one of those bouncy castles for the kids. I have always wanted to play in one of those things,so I was eying it all afternoon knowing that, as always, I am an adult and those toys are for kids. However, as the evening wore on people slowly worked their way inside and the same thing that always happens happened ... we became children.
     My husband has this magnetic force about him that draws kids to him ... that is that they love to chase him around and throw things at him. He always plays back. And it never really takes long for me to get involved. It took seconds for us to be inside that bouncy castle (with permission) wrestling with those boys, chasing each other and chucking rubber balls back and forth at one other. And boy was it exhausting! Sinking with every step, running up the slide, tipping to the left on the way up the stairs, tumbling onto one another; Jason and me against the youngins. People, that is why kids have such awesome metabolisms: they are constantly getting a great workout - all in the name of play. When and why do we stop playing all the time just for fun?

  

2 comments:

  1. This is so true. Could you imagine how thin we would all be if we just played more. I also think we would live longer because all the stress and problems go away when we are playing. What a relief our bodies must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is the same way with animals. I need to be better at this. I am glad we are moving somewhere where I will enjoy the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete