Thursday, July 21, 2011

Work For It

    I hear all the time: 'I really want ...' and 'I wish ...'. when a person has a dream. And then ... they do nothing. I see them just sitting there; 'it will come to me.' they say. Then complain when it just doesn't.
     I really want to be a writer. And I am working on it. And going for it, thanks to a great support system (thanks friends). But, more than that I want to be a mom. I grew up with the impression it would be one of those easy things that would just 'come to me' once I was married. I was misinformed. However, I am not just sitting and waiting for a baby to come to me. When we finally do become parents that kid is going to know how wanted they are for the effort we are putting in.
      Luckily in today's day and age there are a lot of avenues to help us along in our quest. I take specialty herbs, I follow doctor guidelines, I try the advice of others who have been there. I also have a  foot zoner. Today I went in to see a lady who is all about natural medicine, massage, and healing. It is interesting and fascinating. I am excited to see what she can do for us.
    I believe in modern medicine. I believe in alternative forms of medicine. I believe in the hand of God. Together these things combined with our beautiful marriage ... we are going to make awesome parents one day. Soon. Sometimes dreams don't just 'come to you'. Sometimes you really gotta work for 'em!
  

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent point. I think about my dream of wanting to be a writer. At night instead of writing I watch a show or play a game. Now those things are important in their own right but I need to prioritize better my time. Good Luck and I agree you will make excellent parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, Howard Tayler is a good example of this. He taught himself to draw by drawing every day for years. If you look at his first comics to his comics now, you might not even recognize that it is the same person but if you read through the comic you can see the progression.

    ReplyDelete