Sunday, July 17, 2011

Doctor Recommendation

     When you visit doctors and read tips on how to improve odds of conception you get a lot of random and interesting advice. Like ... first thing everyone says: have sex. Really?! That kind of thing plays into the process? Sigh. Some people really do deserve a 'Here's you sign' moment, compliments of Jeff Foxworthy. I mean, I know they think they are funny, but really?
     So, let's see ... then there are things like: avoid stress (if I could control that better I would've perfected that long before now), use specific herbs, sleep in total darkness, keep a healthy diet, drink Robitussin, no hot tubs (which the hardest one for me - I love a good soak), eat lots of broccoli for iron (which I am learning to like), and be specific with lubrications (most are preventative).
     My favorite was a tip directly from my doctor. She said to ensure that I get plenty of Vitamin D. The best way: Be Naked ... outside. Direct sunlight. Ok. Seriously, I was told 20 minutes a day sunbathing naked will do me great good -and anybody, really.
     Now, I am all for following doctor's orders. What I am not keen on is the fact that to our left: a home with teenage boys, to our rear: an older gentleman gardener and a home with 3 small children, to the right a man who tends to like to 'peep' anyhow, and in our basement: renters who come and go freely. And a very low fence. Hmmm.
     However, I do enjoy sunlight. Perhaps, now that the weather is pleasant again I can take advantage of the opportunity ... simply make a couple small adjustments.
     Just a little tidbit out there for any of you looking for doctor recommendations.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I don't think that I will be trying this out though, especially since I sunburn in under 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha this would cause a stir in the neighborhood wouldn't it:)

    ReplyDelete